Re: CSS Property Milestone Project Plan

From: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:11:04 +0000
Cc: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
To: Julee Burdekin <jburdeki@adobe.com>
Do you think Mike was referring to all the CSS properties, including all the proprietary non-standard browser stuff? That shouldn't be a part of the central task.

Also, I could imagine the number being far higher than 80, if we choose to include all the properties from the nascent CSS3 modules, as well as the completed stuff.

I think we need to think about how we are going to do this. Should we tackle it in subsets, with different prioriites? For example

* Set 1: Everything defined in CSS 1/2.x
* Set 2: All CSS3 stuff that has at least two stable implentations
* Set 3: All CSS3 stuff that is a bit further off
* Set 4: All non standard CSS

?

Chris Mills
Opera Software, dev.opera.com
W3C Fellow, web education and webplatform.org
Author of "Practical CSS3: Develop and Design" (http://goo.gl/AKf9M)