Re: Acceptable media.

From: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 15:37:00 -0700
To: Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me>
Cc: public-webplatform@w3.org
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Jonathan Garbee <jonathan@garbee.me> wrote:

> I somehow ended up checking recent uploads and found this little treat
> [1].  While funny, I am wondering if we should have some terms for
> acceptable media that is uploaded to the site?  I think we should ask
> images be more professional than this.

Whoa, at first glance I thought that was a cat with a recent surgical wound
(gross!). Other than that concern about this particular image, however,
pictures that are a bit irreverent don't personally bother me.

On the one hand, we want to create a credible site that professionals can
trust. On the other, WPD is part of the internet ecosystem--an ecosystem
that has a certain kind of irreverent humor. I'm *personally *fine with
images that are irreverent as long as they aren't over the top or
potentially offensive.