Re: Purpose of IRC and Q&A

From: Michael Del Tito <mdeltito@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:42:04 -0400
To: Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>
Cc: Tony Crockford <tonyc@boldfish.co.uk>, public-webplatform@w3.org
> I'm not sure I agree. I have made a slight distinction at
> http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/WPD:Keeping_on_Topic because I think
> discussing dev questions that would make good documentation is much better
> done on the Q&A, as it is easier to find the history and follow the thread.

I was actually thinking in terms of support questions, in that if they
weren't allowed in Q&A, then they shouldn't be allowed in IRC. Your draft
clarifies my understanding of the types of discussion we are trying to
foster, and I think it explains the guidelines to end users really well.

+1 Chris, Tobie, everyone