From: PhistucK [phistuck@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:33 PM
To: Michael Sierra
Cc: public-webplatform@w3.org
Subject: Re: URL structure sanity check

In some cases (WebSocket, for example, if I am not mistaken), you cannot use addEventListener for listening to an event, like ws.onopen. Adding it as "open" might cause some confusion.
It might be an implementation issue, because I think WebSocket is specified to subclass EventTarget as well, which means addEventListener should apply to it, but in Chrome, as far as I remember, it does not work. I have not tried other browsers.
Anyway, in cases like these (assuming no browser implements addEventListener for that object), events should begin with the "on" prefix, I believe (but still have the regular Event template, I guess).

What does everyone think?

Also, does anyone have any information regarding other browsers (or current Chrome?) in this regard?

☆PhistucK