Re: Translations

Hi, folks-

Yes, good point, Phistuck.

The lang: namespace idea is interesting. Namespaces have implications
for search, which may be a good thing... we want someone to be able to
search within their own language (or rather, within any particular
language). It is a bit long, though...

Chris, why did you dismiss the query-string delimiter? For technical
MediaWiki reasons, or some other reason?

Regards-
-Doug

On 12/5/12 5:26 AM, Chris Mills wrote:
> Hrm, that's definitely more intuitive. How about going step further
> and using a lang: namespace?
>
> Chinese:
> docs/webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius/lang:zh
> French:
> docs/webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius/lang:fr
>
> Or would that not work with the auto link generation?
>
> On 5 Dec 2012, at 10:14, Sébastien Desbenoit <seb@desbenoit.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Is a lang- prefixe too long?
>>
>> It could be easier for the url to be understood.
>>
>> Chinese:
>> docs/webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius/lang-zh
>> French:
>> docs/webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius/lang-fr
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Sébastien
>>
>> Le 5 déc. 2012 à 11:10, Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> Overall looks good, but Phistuck has a point.
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to set this up so that when a subpage is a
>>> specific translation, that is marked by a unique character
>>>
>>> For example
>>>
>>> English (original):
>>> docs/webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius Chinese:
>>> docs/webplatform.org/wiki/css/properties/border-radius/$zh
>>> French: