Re: A first draft of the future Web Payments Interest group is available for comments

Dear Harish,

thank you very much for your comments.
I believe i need a few clarifications see below.

> We would like to make a few minor comments of clarifying nature:
> ~ Suggest there be making explicit reference to making the terms of the
> payment service transparent when referring to consumer protection and
> also in that context include attention to making process for dispute
> resolution efficient and effective;

I believe i don't understand this point. Could-you elaborate or explain
me in another way?

> ~ It would be important to acknowledge that there are prevalent
> international standards for payment systems in terms of risk management
> and Governance; and, messaging; and make this explicit when referring to
> Topic 3 in the list of topics.

I'm happy to add a sentence along these lines. I think it is an
important point. However, if i understand correctly, you are referring
to messaging between different entities within a given payment system,
while the topic 3 is mostly about messaging between a web application
and a payment system. I think it is a general problem of the current
charter and i need to clarify what we are talking about. what do you think?

> ~ Identification of specific "use cases" is mentioned as one of the
> tasks of the group. It would be good to clarify whether there is any
> specific categories of "use cases" that would be in focus. At the World
> Bank we are in particular keen on small value international remittances,
> in addition to general purpose retail payments, corporate payments etc.

agreed. this will be clarified, and the low-value case, as well as
cross-boundaries one will be mentioned

about the terminology, I believe it is a work item by itself. There are
different terminologies used by different actors, and it is essential
that we adopt a clear one for the work of the group. So instead of
discussing it now, my suggestion would be to add it as one of the work
item of the group?

> Finally, we would also request inclusion of our group (Payment Systems
> Development Group, World Bank) also as an external group.

i will add this

thank you again
Best
Stephane