Re: WPWG On NOT abandoning the CG specs (was Re: Update on Web Payments Working Group)

On 09/26/2016 04:27 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> I see https://www.w3.org/2016/08/wpwg-pag/Overview.html#disclosures
>
> I would like to understand whether and/or how this problem may look
> different (variations) if the CG specs were used rather than the
> alternative supplied replacing the CG specs, et.al <http://et.al>.

Hey Tim, I don't know because our legal counsel has suggested that no
one from our organization read the asserted patents or PAG deliberation
until they come back to us with a suggestion. If we do, we could open
ourselves up to a treble damages lawsuit among other things. This is why
we don't discuss patents in any of the CG/IG/WGs. Yes, the patent system
is broken, but even looking at that material could unnecessarily open us
up to very nasty legal implications.