Re: Use Case: Marking to Clothing

Hello All,

I think the realisation of Melvin's idea would be a fantastic, yet
realistic, implementation of the endowment of 'money' and reputation upon
individuals and institutions.

The potential variants are numerous and diverse.  This could be applied to
anything from a street musician busking for their next meal, to a
Presidential Candidate canvassing for groundswell support and funds in
Primary elections.

The actual IRI to which things are direct would be at the discretion of the
wearer.  The end recipient could be a performer, artist, charity (in a near
frictionless fashion) or communal institution.  The wearer would be a
conduit to the cause.  The 'Cool factor' appeal to prominent personalities
is, in my opinion, huge.  Thereby the propagation of this idea could be a
natural occurrence following a competent implementation of the concept.

Technically, variants of implementations could utilize much technology
which already is common place.   To elaborate by means of examples...
- Marathon runners, sponsored for charity per mile completed, could be
scanned at each milepost and pledges transferred dynamically and near
frictionlessly to the cause of the runner's (the conduit) choosing.
- The endorsement of political candidates during TV debates could attract
added meaning, quantifiability and  transparency in comparison to the
legacy of dubious TV viewer polls.
- A celebrity sitting in the crowd at a sports event (or perhaps ALS
challenge) could take solace the repetitive attention of broadcast cameras
would me more exposure to the symbol of their cause of choice.
Furthermore, a broadcast levy on each image shown could become convention.

The potential here near certainly exceeds the limits of my imagination, I
am sure you can conceive more.  In any case it has motivated me to reply to
this group.

Thanks for reading,
Brian