Re: Building Linked Data into the Core of the Web

I think there is a difference between the web as Tim Berners-Lee envisioned
it and the web as it is (or perceived). To be honest, until a couple of
years ago I did not even know Tim Berners-Lee existed, but I knew that the
web did.

In the 90's I knew about AOL because they provided internet, and I wanted
it because of all the cool things provided with it.

In the late 90's I learned about Linux because there was a smart kid that
used it and was enthusiastic about it. Unfortunately I did not use it till
later because I was a bit afraid of tux the penguin, and I did not think I
was good at math, nor did I believe I was smart enough to figure it out.

In college some kids said that I should try out Facebook. It looked
impressive, I was excited to reconnect with old friends, and I had no clue
how it might work.

I think it is all about perception. Once people see linked data for what it
can do (and are enthusiastic about it), and believe they can use it, then
they will.

-Brent Shambaugh

Website: bshambaugh.org