Re: Web Payments Schema & RDF

On 9 October 2014 18:17, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

>  On 10/09/2014 11:50 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>

> On 9 October 2014 17:33, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
>> On 10/09/2014 04:01 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> > You said it looked good, but it was unilaterally removed.  I dont
>> > take issue with this decision at all.
>>
>> Can you point to when/where this happened? It might have been a mistake?
>> I certainly don't remember anyone making a decision to unilaterally
>> remove work that you did.
>>
>> Do you have a pointer to the pull request and where the work was
>> overwritten?
>>

>  I'd just like to note this isnt a specific criticism, I was very pushed
> for time and maybe unable to respond to questions.  But:
>
> https://github.com/web-payments/web-payments.org/pull/25
>

> I'm pretty sure Manu clicked the "Comment and Close" instead of the
> "Comment and Merge" button by accident. His comment was "Looks good, thanks
> for the PR!", and his related comment that is linked to in the other PR was
> " Closing this PR since #25 took care of it" indicates to me that he had a
> clear intent to merge your changes.
>
> That being said, I think it was a good thing that the changes weren't
> accidentally merged as is -- due to my comment that happened a few hours
> later discussing a minor modeling change. If you make that modeling change
> so that the "Credit" class fits in with the rest of the vocabulary we'd be
> happy to accept the PR.
>
> Again, please note, it looks like your PR was *accidentally* closed (with
> an intent to actually merge), I asked a question and offered a suggestion
> to make your changes consistent w/the vocab, and that we'd be happy to
> accept it now if the modeling fix were applied.

Dave, thanks for the explanation and I with you agree 100% on this, in
truth I was busy at the time and missed the comment.  It was only recently
when I noticed that the change wasnt there did I realise it wasnt merged.

I should have followed up, but didnt have time, nor did I even realize till
lately there was an issue, and apologize if my comments came across as
accusatory.

Misunderstandings happen, and I've created the 7 terms I needed in a new
vocab today in the space of 30 minutes.  I'll follow this work to see if I
can align.