Re: [foaf-dev] Credentials Community Group

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 22:26:12 +0200
To: Web Payments CG <public-webpayments@w3.org>
CC: "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, "public-rww@w3.org" <public-rww@w3.org>
AWWW is great but the competition in the form of centralized super-providers can offer

  * Convenience
  * Trusted UI
  * Strong user authentication
  * Secure key storage

since they have full control of the client platform and the infrastructure empowering it.

Can a comparatively crippled decentralized web platform without any visible big-vendor support really make a change?

If you want to discuss this further, please do that privately since I'm sure some people are annoyed although my intention is only to highlight what I consider weaknesses in the current WebPayment plot.