Re: [foaf-dev] Credentials Community Group

On 8/2/14 4:26 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> AWWW is great but the competition in the form of centralized
> super-providers can offer
>
>   * Convenience

Yes!

The #1 tool for silo vectors.

>   * Trusted UI
>   * Strong user authentication
>   * Secure key storage

AWWW or not, doesn't distinguish any of the above, in this context.

> since they have full control of the client platform and the
> infrastructure empowering it.

All their clients talk HTTP, and in effect leverage URIs, even if
muddled, most of the time. Net effect, AWWW can work it magic, no problem.

> Can a comparatively crippled decentralized web platform without any
> visible big-vendor support really make a change?

How many big vendors made the World Wide Web happen? The Web's bootstrap
is a great case study [1].

> If you want to discuss this further, please do that privately since
> I'm sure some people are annoyed although my intention is only to
> highlight what I consider weaknesses in the current WebPayment plot.
>
> Anders

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/XAyU3F -- World Wide Web bootstrap essay.

--