Re: Anti-extremism as a strategy (was: Google payment plans)

I appreciate these constructive ideas.

Nevertheless, I consider myself a lurker on the list and
a bit of a skeptic in regards of big companies and banks and big-interests,
and I am way off most of people's motivations here.
But Manu incited me to contribute my points of view some time ago.

Payments is about money, and money is about banks.
Banks and governments have the monopoly about money.

Standardization is basically impossible nowadays if you have to face strong
opinions like from giants. We have had already
strong voices here saying basically "if this then without us".

I wonder if the noble ideas of many people here have a chance of succeeding
in this space.
Joseph Potvin's list of successes and failures shows successes in community
building and (partial to full) failures in getting buy-in from the big
players.

So I wonder if the *strategy *of being nice and play with the big fish
promises
more favorable result than a more bold but uncertain approach with going
"extreme measures".

(I didn't really understand though what those extreme measures are,
maybe I missed an email).

The OAuth 2.0 protocol is a great example of how a great idea with much
heart blood
got watered down through intervention of vested interests.

I don't mean to brake any process here though.
Just offering my opinion.