W3C Trust Community Group

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 16:31:29 +0200
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, Web Payments <public-webpayments@w3.org>, public-unctsw@w3.org, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, Pavlik elf <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, Oshani Seneviratne <oshani@csail.mit.edu>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
We currently have the following Community Group in W3C

Uncertainty, Trust and the Semantic Web Community
Group<http://www.w3.org/community/unctsw/>

However there is little activity to date and it has no chair.  So I suspect
it may be right now on the cull list.

I see Trust as a vital ingredient for the maturing Payments Web and Read
Write Web.

'The trust engine is the most powerful sort of agent on the Semantic Web'
-- Tim Berners-Lee, Weaving the Web

So the question is what shall we do with the Trust Group?

1. Find a chair and try and make it active?
2. Fold it into another group such as payments or RWW
3. Abandon it

I really think (3) is not the way to go as it's going to be key for the Web
to have an open trust infrastructure.  I hope reasons for this should be
self evident but it could be a discussion point.

BTW I've made some rough notes on a wiki page regarding some related work,
including some of Oshani's excellent papers:

http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/Trust