Re: W3C Trust Community Group

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:19:47 +0100
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
CC: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, Web Payments <public-webpayments@w3.org>, public-unctsw@w3.org, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, Pavlik elf <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, Oshani Seneviratne <oshani@csail.mit.edu>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> We currently have the following Community Group in W3C
>
> Uncertainty, Trust and the Semantic Web Community
> Group<http://www.w3.org/community/unctsw/>
>
> However there is little activity to date and it has no chair.  So I suspect
> it may be right now on the cull list.
>
> I see Trust as a vital ingredient for the maturing Payments Web and Read
> Write Web.
>
> 'The trust engine is the most powerful sort of agent on the Semantic Web'
> -- Tim Berners-Lee, Weaving the Web
>
> So the question is what shall we do with the Trust Group?
>
> 1. Find a chair and try and make it active?
> 2. Fold it into another group such as payments or RWW

Perhaps the CG equivalent of a "Task Force" under the RWW and with
outreach to payments (and anywhere else appropriate).