Re: [payment arch] Agenda: Payment Architecture Task Force - Thursday, May 27th 2015

> On May 28, 2015, at 1:46 AM, Mountie Lee <mountie@paygate.net> wrote:
>
> hi
> for account management part,
> by considering web credential proposal,
>
> current document is describing account provider.
>
> does it mean the account can be used to verify web credentials?

My understanding is this:

 * There will be a range of identity requirements for our range of use cases.
 * In some cases, people will want a strong “binding” between a Web identity and a real-world identity.
 * We are going to propose work on credentials to enable that and lower the cost of satisfying KYC requirements.

I don’t know know whether this means “the account can be used to verify web credentials” or simply that
“people will be able to more easily exchange credentials that will give confidence in the binding of web-to-real-world identity.”

Ian
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447