Subject:  Fwd: [ontolog-forum] Financial Industry Business Ontology (FIBO)
Date:  Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:53:58 +0100
From:  Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
To:  Web Payments <public-webpayments@w3.org>

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *John F Sowa* <sowa@bestweb.net <mailto:sowa@bestweb.net>>
Date: 14 December 2014 at 19:40
To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@ontolog.cim3.net
<mailto:ontolog-forum@ontolog.cim3.net>>

A report on the FIBO project:

    http://edmcouncil.org/view/reports/20141121_FIBO_Report_to_Members.pdf

See below for excerpts from the FIBO Semantics Repository Home Page.

John

Source:  http://www.edmcouncil.org/semanticsrepository/index.html

This website provides a partial report of sections of the Financial
Industry Business Ontology (FIBO). This is being submitted to the Object
Management Group (OMG) as a set of proposed standard ontologies under
the FIBO umbrella. These FIBO OMG specifications are optimized for
semantic technology applications.

Alongside these we are working to release the full canonical reference
ontology (as seen in these pages) as RDF/OWL...