Re: Webizen progress and next meeting

On Aug 6, 2014 3:57 PM, "Jeff Jaffe" <jeff@w3.org> wrote:

> On 8/6/2014 2:43 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
>>

>> On Aug 6, 2014 1:54 PM, "Jeff Jaffe" <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
>> >

>> > So I can't tell.  Did my proposal accomplish this or fall short of
this?

>> Close I think.  I didn't see the presentation,
>

> I wasn't talking about my June presentation (which was essentially the
previous wiki), I was referring to the way I was trying to find a middle
ground earlier in this thread.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.  So the proposal is like my own, but the
charter review feedback isn't formally counter, but at the discretion of
the director? What about votes?  Honestly  I'm a little dismayed  by what
appear to be efforts to prevent folks who might be paying members from
being anything but.  In fact, even in current proposals this is asking
individuals to have way more "skin in the game" than 99% of current members
(because members are individuals and it costs them nothing, their member
-org- pays the bill and at that level, for many of them the price point is
often negligible).  The incentives and disincentives toward "common good"
seem very at odds with what you'd think.  Maybe it's hard for me to
understand their position, I welcome any discussion here or off list (and
off the record) from any AC who feels they can articulate this better.  It
would probably be efficient than a telephone game anyway.