Re: Webizen progress and next meeting

On Aug 6, 2014 1:54 PM, "Jeff Jaffe" <jeff@w3.org> wrote:

> So I can't tell.  Did my proposal accomplish this or fall short of this?

Close I think.  I didn't see the presentation, so I'm not quite sure how it
was perceived, but it felt a little wishy washy on goals and how.  What I
articulate above very nearly fits in w3c existing tech and structure and is
relatively simple and pointed, call it a RG (representation group) rather
than a CG, instead of 5 backers to be viable it takes N (or a total pledge
amount), and it simply acts as an org affiliation - chairs are ACs and they
are just orgs like any other. Its entire purpose is simply to allow
developer collective participation without the lopsided burden (requiring
them to form a legal entity is kind of like a poll tax).