Re: WebID+TLS Spec was (Re: Signed WebID documents and trust wrt GPG Web of Trust)

On 1 Jun 2013, at 10:38, "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:

> Henry Story:
>>
>> On 29 May 2013, at 16:16, "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Henry Story:
> 3 years or so, and
>>>
>>> That he has publically been critical of WebID should be *irrelevant*
>>> regarding the question if he should be mentioned as a (former) editor in
>>> the document.
>>
>> Indeed if that were the only reason for him not being listed as an
>> author that would not be enough of a reason.
>
> In other words: His public criticism of WebID is one element (maybe the
> main one) in your decision to no longer mention him as an author.

There is a difference between being the cause of something and being the
reason for something. Manu's unsolicited attack on WebID on the RWW mailing
list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rww/2013Apr/0037.html
of which many of the arguments were largely out of date, or based on
misunderstandings as I showed in the responses, caused me to think
about this issue. It is not difficult to understand:

  Manu argues publically against WebID and his name is on the WebID
spec as author. Things then get very weird when we point out that he
has not contributed for close to 3 years to the spec, and that his
his arguments are out of date!

This incoherence then led me to think about what the criteria for
authorship and editorship are. Now that we have official criteria
for this, we can give defendable _reasons_ for why removing Manu
as editor is reasonable: it turns out that it is just a question
of facts, as I argued in the long reply today:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2013Jun/0004.html

This should reduce confusion in the future.