Re: WebID questions -- was: [dane] Call for Adoption: "Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For S/MIME"

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:05:58 -0400
To: public-webid@w3.org
On 9/26/12 1:55 PM, Ben Laurie wrote:
>> I can sign claims about co-reference by name or value. That's why we have
>> >semantics for equivalence by name, ditto. inverse functionality.
> I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

<KingsleyWebID#1> owl:sameAs <KingsleyWebID#2>

The semantics of the owl:sameAS predicate drive the inference drawn from
the relationship. Basically, that <KingsleyWebID#1> and
<KingsleyWebID#2> denote the same entity.

Likewise,

<KingsleyWebID#1> foaf:mbox <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com> .
<KingsleyWebID#2> foaf:mbox <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com> .

Since foaf:mbox predicate is an owl:inverseFunctionalProperty (IFP), I
can infer (based IFP relationship semantics) that: <KingsleyWebID#1> and
<KingsleyWebID#2> denote the same entity.

For additional clarity, subject, predicate, and objects in the
statements above are all de-referencable URIs that resolve to data
objects. The representation of a data object is a graph. And with
hyperlinks in the mix (e.g., HTTP URIs) you have a Linked Data graph
that scales to the World Wide Web.

Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen