Re: [Touch events] createTouchList should probably take a sequence, not an IDL array

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 08:40:32 -0500
To: ext Rick Byers <rbyers@google.com>, Sangwhan Moon <smoon@opera.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: public-webevents@w3.org
On 1/4/13 3:17 PM, ext Rick Byers wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com
> <mailto:art.barstow@nokia.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sangwhan - for Touch Events v1, do you support making this API
>     change as captured in [Issue-27]? What is the impact of the
>     proposed change on Opera's implementation(s)?
>
>     As mentioned below, AFAIU, the proposed change will not affect
>     WebKit implementations (although it would be good for Rick and/or
>     others to verify) and in [1], Matt expressed willingness to update
>     Gecko/FF accordingly.
>

> Yes, WebKit expects a variable argument list of Touch objects.

The v1 CR has two createTouchList methods:

[[
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-touch-events-20111215/#idl-def-Document>

TouchList createTouchList (Touch[] touches);
TouchList createTouchList (Touch touch);
]]

Based on my take of WebIDL, it appears the proposal is to change the
first method/operation above to a variadic:

[[
TouchList createTouchList (Touch... touches);
]]

Is the above syntax correct?

Also, is a single variadic method sufficient (i.e. the second "Touch
touch" method in the CR is not needed)?

-Thanks, AB