Draft minutes: 17 January 2012 call

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:31:33 -0500
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the January 17 voice conference are available at
the following and copied below:

http://www.w3.org/2012/01/17-webevents-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send
them to the public-webevents mail list before January 24. In the absence
of any changes, these minutes will be considered approved.

-AB

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Web Events WG Voice Conference

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0006.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/17-webevents-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art_Barstow, Cathy_Chan, Matt_Brubeck, Sangwhan_Moon

    Regrets
           Doug_Schepers

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Tweak Agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Touch events test assertions
          4. [8]Action review
          5. [9]AoB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items

    <scribe>  ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe>  Scribe: Art

    Date: 17 January 2012

    <mbrubeck>  no

Tweak Agenda

    AB: yesterday I posted a draft agenda
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/
    0006.html. Any change requests?

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0006.html.

    [ None ]

Announcements

    AB: any short announcements for today?
    ... reminder the Indie UI charter is under AC review until February
    10
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/
    0005.html

      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2012JanMar/0005.html

Touch events test assertions

    AB: On December 21, Cathy announced
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/
    0158.html her first draft of test assertions
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TestAssertions for the
    TEv1 spec

      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0158.html
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TestAssertions

    CC: I created a list of test assertions

     for the v1 TE spec

     the first set cover some data types

     I included columns for single touch and multi touch

     Some assertions may apply to one or both

     Created assertions for the Touch interface

     and TouchList interface

     Also assertions for the various events

     For some events I included preconditions

     If anyone has comments, I'd like to hear them

     Before doing more work would like to get some feedback

    AB: any comments or feedback for Cathy?

    MB: thanks Cathy

    CC: at the end of the wiki I included a To Do list

     f.ex. need assertions for createTouch and createTouchList methods

     and a few other areas need to be covered

     Please feel free to add to this list

    AB: let me echo Matt's Thank You to Cathy!

     this is a valuable input

    AB: I think there is an open action for everyone to review Cathy's
    input and to send comments to the list
    ... anything else on this input for today?

    CC: I encourage everyone to send feedback

Action review

    AB: let's take a few mins and identify actions we can close
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/agenda
    ... if anyone has some old actions that are no longer applicable,
    please just go ahead and close them

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/agenda

     that's all I wanted to do today

    SM: Action-4 is for the Indie UI group

    AB: good point; I'll close it

AoB

    AB: any other topics for today?
    ... if we have sufficient topics we will have a call next week
    ... meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]