RE: Positioning document for web ed learning material

"Freshness dating." Kind of like milk. Or cheese (the kind of cheese that you don't want to let age).

I like that. If it's prominent, and doesn't appear bloggy, then I think that can at least qualify all the content throughout whatever we build. As a surfer, I always check for a date on anything that might change over time (news, specifications, product availability, cat pictures), so these feeds into my expectations well.

From: Åke Järvklo [mailto:ake@jarvklo.se]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 5:01 PM
To: Adrian Roselli
Cc: Chris Mills; W3C WebEd Public
Subject: Re: Positioning document for web ed learning material

Hmm...

IMHO The "keeping current"-problem will over time probably not only apply to external examples and links - it will most likely become equally relevant for our own excersises, our original content (and our translations) sooner or later...

So - perhaps having procedures in place for (very visibly) assuring visitors that *we* keep our material current would also be a good thing...

Imagine a "quality assurance stamp" on all published material stating "reviewed and updated at {date}" - or "this is a translation, the original text was revised {date} and the translation was updated to reflect that at {date}"

... or something similar (eg. "this is the translation of version 17 of the FED-100 excersise 7.1.2 Assignment 1: Class Homepage")

With that in place - wouldn't revising external examples while we regurarily revise the material itself anyway be greatly simplified as well?

... just a thought :)
/Åke J