Re: Streams API revival

On 11/04/2013 11:14 AM, Aymeric Vitte wrote:
> Please see this thread [1], a new Streams API is coming.
>
> I am trying to push to get related groups involved, ie groups that
> have invented their own streams since years like media capture and
> those that need to support it, like WebCrypto, I can coordinate it's
> OK for WebCrypto but that would be interesting to have some feedback
> from other members and the editor.
>
> Possible or not, I am trying to resurrect Issue22 too with a
> stop/resume method, probably this would raise already discussed issues
> (clone).
>
> One of the goal is that Streams are supported without modifying the
> current APIs (WebCrypto here).

That would be great. There is an issue in W3C process where it's hard to
refer to documents that are still in Working Draft mode when one
advances out of Working Draft, as dependencies can break.

Ideally, we'll have a solution here if Streams are backwards compatible
with existing APIs. BTW I fully support streams, the key is that we
can't hold up progress on the Web Crypto API to wait for streams to be
supported, so if they can be backwards-compatible, that would be a real
boon.