W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > April 2009

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2009-04-29 (vF2F day 3)

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:17:39 -0600
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090429101606.01657ef0@rockynet.com>
To: <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Forrest Carpenter <forrest@sdicgm.com>, Robert Orosz <roboro@auto-trol.com>,Ulrich Läsche <ulrich@cgmtech.de>

WebCGM WG --

The minutes of the teleconference are at

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html

and also available as text, below.

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             WebCGM teleconf
                               29 Apr 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0031.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Dave, Lofton, Stuart, Rob, Don, Forrest, Ulrich, Thierry

    Regrets
    Chair
           Lofton

    Scribe
           Dave

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call 10:00am ET
          2. [6]Closure of technical issues
          3. [7]Review of TC's Test Suite progress
          4. [8]Future assignments
          5. [9]Review of proposed progression
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> Scribe: Dave

    <tmichel> coming in a couple of minutes

    <lofton> minutes:
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/002
    8.html

      [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0028.html

roll call 10:00am ET

    Thierry should be here soon and benoit?

Closure of technical issues

    <lofton> gOE(text) wording:
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/003
    2.html

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0032.html

    Lofton proposed wording and Benoit proposed a little modification

    Have everyone a chance to read current proposed wording?

    Rob: Similarly, the full horizontal extent of the glyph cell for the
    particular glyph -- as distinct from actual drawn extents of the
    glyph -- corresponds to the glyph's horizontal advancement value
    (WX) in the font databases of @@WebCGM's core thirteen fonts

    <bbezaire> should we wait to have this conversation?

    Rob seems to be not entire clear that it means the sum of each glyph
    cell width

    <bbezaire> who's the minute taker?

    Dave is taking minutes

    <bbezaire> ah, sorry

    I think what probably isn't clear is that it is the SUM of the glyph
    cell widths (WX) in the current wording

    I'm not speaking because I seem to break up when I talk on the
    speaker phone and I can't pick up the phone because I'm scribe

    <lofton> pgph 5: "The object extent of the text string is he minimal
    axis-aligned bounding rectangle that contains all the glyph cells."

    Para 5 covers dave's question

    <stuart> I am okay with the proposed wording.

    Resolved: adopted wording proposed by Benoit

    Lofon: any more unresolved technical issues?

    <lofton>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCG
    M21-DOM.html#styleprop-table

      [13] 
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor-21/WebCGM21-DOM.html#styleprop-table

    Rob: on style properties, how do we know that we are overriding
    character height?

    text-size also overrides the restricted text box

    Rob: no issue after reading carefully

    No one remembers any more technical issues outstanding for 2nd LC WD

Review of TC's Test Suite progress

    issue: setRedraw002 status? (UL & FC)

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-19 - SetRedraw002 status? (UL & FC) ;
    please complete additional details at
    [14]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/19/edit .

      [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/19/edit

    Forrest: believe it is ok to move it to approval

    Forrest has sent a msg to the TC list indicating that it is ok to
    approve

    Forrest's message:
    [15]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00146
    .html

      [15] 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00146.html

    issue: fix transformAPS test (UL)

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-20 - Fix transformAPS test (UL) ; please
    complete additional details at
    [16]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/20/edit .

      [16] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/20/edit

    Forrest sent a message for approval:
    [17]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00148
    .html

      [17] 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00148.html

    issue: fix metrics of gOE and gOET (SG)

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-21 - Fix metrics of gOE and gOET (SG) ;
    please complete additional details at
    [18]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/21/edit .

      [18] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/21/edit

    Forrest sent a message for approval:
    [19]http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00147
    .html

      [19] 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00147.html

    issue: validation of gOE.html?

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-22 - Validation of gOE.html? ; please
    complete additional details at
    [20]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/22/edit .

      [20] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/22/edit

    Stuart thinks he has resolved this issue: Stuart needs to send a
    message to the list for document

    <bbezaire> be right back...

    Stuart will sent it to the TC list

    there is still a potential issue with Fill Offset dealing with
    static view that we will have to look at later

    Lofton: There is some cleanup work that needs to be done on all the
    tests to align meta tags in the html, doctypes for aci's, and
    resolve lime/approved issues

    The TC will get a volunteer to take care of the cleanup

    <bbezaire> I'm back

    Rob: are the DTD's in the OASIS space?

    <lofton>
    [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/att
    -0018/WebCGM21-Config_conform_20090425.html

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/att-0018/WebCGM21-Config_conform_20090425.html

    Don will take care of putting the corrrect Doctypes in the aci
    files.

    Lofton: I doesn't look like the correct DTDs are in the OASIS space

    <scribe> ACTION: Lofton to coordinate with Mary to get the correct
    versions of the DTD's in the OASIS space [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Coordinate with Mary to get the
    correct versions of the DTD's in the OASIS space [on Lofton
    Henderson - due 2009-05-06].

    Doctype should look like:

    <!DOCTYPE webcgmConfig PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD WebCGM 2.1 Config//EN"
    "[23]http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/webcgmConfig21.dtd">

      [23] http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/webcgmConfig21.dtd

    <lofton> <!DOCTYPE webcgmConfig PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD WebCGM 2.1
    Config//EN"
    "[24]http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/webcgmConfig21.dtd">

      [24] http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/webcgmConfig21.dtd

    Rob and Lofton will analyze the lime/approved test to docuement what
    the issues are

    Anything else?

    <stuart> not that I can think of.

Future assignments

    Don to update aci files

    Stuart is going to put on the next TC meeting for assign someone to
    handle meta tage

    Lofton and Rob will sort through lime/approved test

    Lofton to update spec and highlight updated sections (turning off
    pre-1stLCWD highlighting).

    Lofton will coordinate with OASIS TC admin to get aci DTD put into
    proper location

    Stuart volunteered to update the meta tage in the html after Lofton
    and Rob check the other line items

Review of proposed progression

    We seem to be pretty much on schedule

    Looking to start 2nd LC review to start on May 26th and run for 4
    weeks

    Shooting for July for implementations to support the 2
    implementation support requirement

    Lofton: thoughts about mid/late July for a f2f to resolve 2nd LC and
    implementation requirements
    ... it looks promising that we will have the implementation in place
    ... we need to put a tentative meeting on the calendar and nail down
    the dates during May.

    Shoot for mid/late July

    Adjorn at 11:25 AM ET

    <lofton> Thanks to everyone for the "push" to keep us on schedule!!!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Lofton to coordinate with Mary to get the correct
    versions of the DTD's in the OASIS space [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html#action01]

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([27]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/04/29 16:14:35 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [28]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Dave
Inferring ScribeNick: Dave
Present: Dave Lofton Stuart Rob Don Forrest Ulrich Thierry
Agenda: [29]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Ap
r/0031.html
Got date from IRC log name: 29 Apr 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.h
tml
People with action items: lofton

      [29] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Apr/0031.html
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-webcgm-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [31]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 29 April 2009 16:18:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 29 April 2009 16:18:50 GMT