Re: Asynchronous decision making (Re: WebAppSec re-charter status)

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
> > In the past, we've generally _confirmed_ decisions on calls (e.g. CfC
> issued
> > -> no objections on the list -> confirmed on the next call). Would we
> need
> > to wait an additional 10 days to act on that decision in that context, or
> > would that not be considered a "resolution taken in a ...
> teleconference"?
>
> If the decision was already 7 days old it seems you have 10-7=3 days
> left. Confirming something is not the same as making a decision.

I'd agree. It's just not clear to me that the text Wendy pointed to agrees
as well. "10 working days after the publication of the resolution in draft
minutes sent to the working groups mailing list" for "resolution taken in a
... teleconference" seems like it would include "resolved, we have
consensus on that CfC that was posted two weeks ago".

CCing Arthur, who I hope can talk a bit about WebApps process, since it
seems like a good thing to get on the same page as that group.

-mike

--
Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)