Re: do not deprecate synchronous XMLHttpRequest

I am on the side that synchronous AJAX should definitely be deprecated,
except in web workers where sync stuff is OK.

Especially on the modern web, there are two really good alternatives:
- write your code in a web worker where synchronous calls don't hang the
browser
- write async code which doesn't hang the browser

With modern tools like Promises and the new Fetch API, I can't think of any
reason to write a synchronous AJAX request on the main thread, when an
async one could have been written instead with probably little extra effort.

Alas, existing codebases rely on it, so it cannot be removed easily. But I
can't see why anyone would argue that it's a good design principle to make
possibly seconds-long synchronous calls on the UI thread.