[webcomponents]: Naming the Baby

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:03:14 -0700
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Cc: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Angelina Fabbro <angelinafabbro@gmail.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, Steve Orvell <sorvell@google.com>, seddon.ryan@gmail.com, ladicek@gmail.com, Dominic Cooney <dominicc@google.com>
Hello folks!

It seems that we've had a bit of informal feedback on the "Web
Components" as the name for the <link rel=component> spec (cc'd some
of the "feedbackers").

So... these malcontents are suggesting that "Web Components" is more a
of a general name for all the cool things we're inventing, and <link
rel=component> should be called something more specific, having to do
with enabling modularity and facilitating component dependency
management that it actually does.

I recognize the problem, but I don't have a good name. And I want to
keep moving forward. So let's come up with a good one soon? As
outlined in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0742.html

Rules:

1) must reflect the intent and convey the meaning.
2) link type and name of the spec must match.
3) no biting.

:DG<