Re: Call for Editor: URL spec

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 23:02:44 -0800
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: "ext Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> On 11/5/12 5:47 PM, ext Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> In the meantime, W3C is copying Anne's work in several specs, to
>
> It seems like W3C groups copying WHATWG's work has been ongoing for several
> years (so I think this is "old news", especially since, AFAIU, it is
> permissiable, perhaps even encouraged? via the WHATWG copyright) ;-).

For my part, I don't mind Anne forking my URL spec given that he plans
to put in the effort to improve the document.  I appreciate that he's
licensed his fork in such a way as to let me merge his improvements
into my copy of the spec if I choose.  Does the WebApps Working Group
plan do either of these things?

A) Put in technical effort to improve the specification
B) License the fork in such a way as to let me merge improvements into my copy

I realize that I did not choose a license for my work that imposes
these requirements as a matter of law.

Adam