Re: Call for Editor: URL spec

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 11/5/12 5:47 PM, ext Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> > In the meantime, W3C is copying Anne's work in several specs, to
>
> It seems like W3C groups copying WHATWG's work has been ongoing for
> several years (so I think this is "old news", especially since, AFAIU,
> it is permissiable, perhaps even encouraged? via the WHATWG copyright)
> ;-).

In the past (and for some specs still today), it was done by the editor
(e.g. me), as dual-publication.

What's "new news" now is that the W3C does this without the editor's
participation, and more importantly, while simultaneously decrying the
evils of forking specifications, and with virtually no credit to the
person doing the actual work.

It's this hypocrisy that is new and notable.