Re: Moving File API: Directories and System API to Note track?

From: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:22:47 +0000
To: "<olli@pettay.fi>" <olli@pettay.fi>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
What are the other proposals that handle the same use cases?

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan

On Sep 18, 2012, at 6:07 PM, "Olli Pettay" <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi> wrote:

Hi all,

I think we should discuss about moving File API: Directories and System API
from Recommendation track to Note. Mainly because the API hasn't been widely accepted nor
implemented and also because there are other proposals which handle the same use cases.
The problem with keeping the API in recommendation track is that people outside
standardization world think that the API is the one which all the browsers will implement and
as of now that doesn't seem likely.

-Olli