Re: String to ArrayBuffer

The StringEncoding proposal is the best path forward because it
provides correct behavior in all cases. Adding String conversions
directly to the typed array spec will introduce dependencies that are
strongly undesirable, and make it much harder to implement the core
spec. Hopefully Josh can provide an update on how the StringEncoding
proposal is going.

-Ken