Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:31:15 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: www-style@w3.org, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Sorry, looks like I accidentally dropped webapps from the CC list. Sending
again...

> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>  wrote:
>>
>> Though it seems likely that 'fixed' is required here, no?
>
> The top layer concept is also used by HTML for its<dialog>  element.

This response doesn't seem to match the quoted sentence. ??

>> (You can add a note that the behavior of future values of 'position' is
>> undefined, since we don't know what they will be and whether they'll
>> need to be forced to 'fixed'.)
>
> I expect we'll just update the specification.

If it's still actively edited at that point, sure.

>> Since it is a pseudo-element, it should specify what properties apply to it.
>> I'm not sure that anything other than the background properties need apply,
>> but the spec should be explicit about what does and does not apply, at least
>> in terms of CSS2.1 properties.
>
> Clarified.

You also need to state its relationship to other elements in the tree.
Right now its inheritance behavior is undefined.

~fantasai