Re: [webcomponents] Custom Elements Spec

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:11:03 +0200
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> There will certainly be people who don't care about accessibility and don't
> do anything at all (just as there are for simple things like alt
> attributes), and others who care but get it wrong, but aligning with the
> common model for those who care and are trying to get it right strikes me as
> a big benefit.

I don't think that's really the argument. The argument is about
whether the long tail is going to be accessible (even if only a little
bit) or not at all.

That is, do we get

<select is=restricted-color-picker><option value=Red><option
value=Blue></select>

styled as a restricted color picker or

<restricted-color-picker options="red blue"/>

styled as a restricted color picker but with no fallback semantics whatsoever.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/