Re: [webcomponents] Template element parser changes => Proposal for adding DocumentFragment.innerHTML

From: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:51:57 -0700
To: Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com>
Cc: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
My concern with the proposal is that it currently requires libraries
to still do a regexp and special case frameset and html.

We should imply the correct context for all tags in HTML5, not matter
if we like them or not. I think it is important that any valid HTML
with one top level node works and results in a firstChild that
directly map to the input.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:39, Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com> wrote:
>> frag.innerHTML = "<frameset></frameset>a<!-- b -->"

The context for this should be HTMLHtmlElement

<frameset>

"a" gets dropped because it not valid as a child of <html>

"root" context

  <head>
    foobar

  <head>