Speech API Community Group

From: Glen Shires <gshires@google.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 08:12:39 -0700
To: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org, public-webapps@w3.org
We at Google have proposed the formation of a new "Speech API Community
Group" to pursue a JavaScript Speech API. We encourage you to join and
support this effort. [1]

We believe that forming a Community Group has the following advantages:

- Itís quick, efficient and minimizes unnecessary process overhead.

- We believe it will allow us, as a group, to reach consensus in
an efficient manner.

- We hope it will expedite interoperable implementations in
multiple browsers. (A good example is the Web Media Text Tracks CG, where
multiple implementations are happening quickly.)

Google plans to supply an implementation and a test suite for
this specification, and will commit to serve as editor.  We hope that
others will support this CG as they had stated support for the similar
WebApps CfC. [2]

Bjorn Bringert
Satish Sampath
Glen Shires