Re: Speech API Community Group

From: Glen Shires <gshires@google.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:00:08 -0700
To: public-speech-api-contrib@w3.org
Cc: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org, public-webapps@w3.org
The Speech API Community Group is now up and running, please join us at

We plan to hold discussions and contribute to and review JavaScript Speech
API specifications using the public-speech-api-contrib@w3.org mailing list.

For topics of broad interest, we encourage cc'ing additional lists such as
public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org and/or public-webapps@w3.org as appropriate.
When doing so, please prefix your email subject line with [speech-api]

/Glen Shires

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Glen Shires <gshires@google.com> wrote:

> We at Google have proposed the formation of a new "Speech API Community
> Group" to pursue a JavaScript Speech API. We encourage you to join and
> support this effort. [1]
> We believe that forming a Community Group has the following advantages:
> - Itís quick, efficient and minimizes unnecessary process overhead.
> - We believe it will allow us, as a group, to reach consensus in
> an efficient manner.
> - We hope it will expedite interoperable implementations in
> multiple browsers. (A good example is the Web Media Text Tracks CG, where
> multiple implementations are happening quickly.)
> Google plans to supply an implementation and a test suite for
> this specification, and will commit to serve as editor.  We hope that
> others will support this CG as they had stated support for the similar
> WebApps CfC. [2]
> Bjorn Bringert
> Satish Sampath
> Glen Shires