Dropping XMLHttpRequest 1 (just do 2)?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:40:50 +0100
To: "chairs.w3.org" <chairs@w3.org>, "public-webapps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

ACTION-629 from the webapps meeting at TPAC is to check whether any group
has a normative dependency on XMLHttpRequest level 1. Otherwise we are
likely to request the AC to let us drop it from our list of deliverables.
We don't have an editor to finish whatever needs to be done, and we don't
have implementation of the complete spec (people are not ready to fix the
last outstanding bits, and nobody is ready to remove them).

If nobody objects, our plan is to stop work on level 1, and move ahead
only with level 2.

cheers

Chaals

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk