Re: Dropping XMLHttpRequest 1 (just do 2)?

[[ removed the chairs list since I think this is now mostly a WebApps
thing ... ]]

I haven't seen any objections to dropping XHR1 and voices of support to
redirect the XMLHttpRequest2 shortname to XMLHttpRequest.

I think it would be helpful to some readers if the new XHR spec (i.e.
the spec formerly titled XHR2) included a short note about the
consolidation of the work and after a publication or two, the note could
be removed.

It seems like the main points to include in a new WD of the new XHR spec
are:

* All work has stopped on the spec that was formerly titled
"XMLHttpRequest"  (also referred to as XMLHttpRequest Level 1 and XHR1)
and last published as a Candidate Recommendation on 2 August 2010.

* WebApps will only work on what was previously titled the
"XMLHttpRequest Level 2" spec (aka XHR2) but note that spec is now
titled "XMLHttpRequest" and uses the XMLHttpRequest shortname
(w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest) that was previously used for XHR1.

Chaals, All - WDYT?

(I'm not sure what, if anything, to do about the Previous Version links
in the new XHR spec. Perhaps the old XHR previous versions should just
be ignored?)

-AB