Moving XBL et al. forward

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:14:48 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "ext Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@Xerox.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Ian, Leigh, Dimitri, All,

On March 11, the agenda of the so-called Hypertext Coordination Group
[HCG] will include XBL [XBL] to continue related discussions they had
during their Feb 11 call [Feb-11-Mins]. I wasn't present at that call
but based on those meeting minutes and what Leigh said last month
[Leigh], I think the gist of the March 11 discussion will revolve around:

* What is the latest implementation status of the XBL2 CR [XBL2-CR] and
Hixie's September 2010 version [XBL-ED] (previously referred to as
"XBL2-cutdown")?

* Which members of WebApps want to continue with the XML-based version
of XBL2 as codified in the XBL2 CR? If you are groupin this , what firm
commitments can you make to push the spec along the REC track? Would you
object to the Forms WG taking over this spec?

* Which members of WebApps want to continue with the non-XML version as
Hixie created last September? If you are in this group, what firm
commitments can you make to push this version along the REC track
(especially implementation)?

* Should the WG pursue Dimitri Glazkov's Component Model proposal
[Component]? If yes, who is willing to commit to work on that spec?

Please send comments on the above as soon as possible (preferably before
10:00am Boston time on March 11).

-Art Barstow

[XBL] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/XBL
[HCG] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/CoordGroup/