Re: Moving XBL et al. forward

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:14:48 +0100, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> * Which members of WebApps want to continue with the XML-based version
> of XBL2 as codified in the XBL2 CR? If you are groupin this , what firm
> commitments can you make to push the spec along the REC track? Would you
> object to the Forms WG taking over this spec?

I do not think the XML-based version makes sense anymore. It's too complex
and has always felt a bit awkward. A set of extensions to HTML or CSS
would make more sense. I really quite liked the idea of using CSS and
having some way of writing markup in CSS for this. Hopefully we can
explore that somewhat.

> * Which members of WebApps want to continue with the non-XML version as
> Hixie created last September? If you are in this group, what firm
> commitments can you make to push this version along the REC track
> (especially implementation)?
>
> * Should the WG pursue Dimitri Glazkov's Component Model proposal
> [Component]? If yes, who is willing to commit to work on that spec?

So far that is just a bunch of use cases, not really a proposal, but I
really like how they are targeted at addressing issues such as form
control styling. That is something authors want to see addressed, and was
initially deferred to XBL3 or some such.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/