Re: [Widgets] Mozilla open apps

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:17:38 +0200, Scott Wilson
> <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think Bruce Lawson was dropping a big hint the other day to look again
>> at the questions Mike posed a long while ago! I know there was discussion at
>> the time, but I think both initiatives have moved on somewhat so its worth
>> returning to.
>
> I agree that it is worth returning to.
>
> The TPAC meeting in Santa Clara might be a good chance to sit down in the
> same place and talk about it as well as email, which is generally a better
> way to clarify what the issues are but not always the most effective way to
> solve the hard ones.
>
> Are people likely to be in the Bay Area in the first week of November, and
> prepared to spend a bit of time discussing this?

I think it is a great idea. However, there is a lot we can do in the
*6 months* in between! :)

These specs should be at REC by November. As the Last Call period for
P&C, Dig Sig, and API finished yesterday, Artb will send out a mail
today to begin the PR preparation process for most of the Widget
specs: WARP and View Modes have met their CR exit criteria, and are
also ready to be moved to PR and REC. This means that by September,
these specs will be in PR. And REC in November.

If we are going to do anything about widgets, it needs to happen
sooner rather than later.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au