Re: [Widgets] Mozilla open apps

On 29 Jun 2011, at 12:34, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Charles McCathieNevile
> <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:17:38 +0200, Scott Wilson
>> <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think Bruce Lawson was dropping a big hint the other day to look again
>>> at the questions Mike posed a long while ago! I know there was discussion at
>>> the time, but I think both initiatives have moved on somewhat so its worth
>>> returning to.
>>
>> I agree that it is worth returning to.
>>
>> The TPAC meeting in Santa Clara might be a good chance to sit down in the
>> same place and talk about it as well as email, which is generally a better
>> way to clarify what the issues are but not always the most effective way to
>> solve the hard ones.
>>
>> Are people likely to be in the Bay Area in the first week of November, and
>> prepared to spend a bit of time discussing this?
>
> I think it is a great idea. However, there is a lot we can do in the
> *6 months* in between! :)
>
> These specs should be at REC by November. As the Last Call period for
> P&C, Dig Sig, and API finished yesterday, Artb will send out a mail
> today to begin the PR preparation process for most of the Widget
> specs: WARP and View Modes have met their CR exit criteria, and are
> also ready to be moved to PR and REC. This means that by September,
> these specs will be in PR. And REC in November.
>
> If we are going to do anything about widgets, it needs to happen
> sooner rather than later.

Mike may want to correct me here, but I couldn't see anything in MOWA that would require changes to the Widgets specifications that are currently on track.

I think we can get there via a Note on applying Widget specs in the case of Web Apps (packaged and non-packaged), or further spec work (perhaps under the FSW banner) to cover things like web app store interoperability and trust.