Re: Mouse Lock

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:06:51 -0400
To: Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>
Cc: Brandon Andrews <warcraftthreeft@sbcglobal.net>, "Gregg Tavares (wrk)" <gman@google.com>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com>, robert@ocallahan.org, public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com> wrote:
> - Mousemove event gains .deltaX .deltaY members, always valid, not just
> during mouse lock.

Is this implementable?

First-person games typically implement delta mouse movement by hiding
the mouse cursor, warping the invisible cursor to the center of the
screen when it moves, and monitoring the distance of mouse movement
from the center of the screen to calculate deltas.  I don't think
Windows provides a way to retrieve delta mouse movements that doesn't
clip when the mouse reaches the edge of the screen.  I'm not sure
about other environments.

--
Glenn Maynard