Re: [WARP] error in spec

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 17:24:14 +0200
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
CC: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@gmail.com>, Hari Kumar G <harig@opera.com>
On 6/2/11 5:13 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Marcos Caceres<marcosscaceres@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Quote from WARP:
>>
>> """
>> Let sub domains be the result of applying the rule for getting a
>> single attribute value to the value of the subdomains attribute. If
>> the value of sub domains is not a valid boolean value, then this
>> element is in error and the user agent MUST ignore this element.
>> """
>>
>> subdomains has a default value of false so why is ignoring the
>> complete<access>  element needed?  If only the subdomains is to be
>> ignored, then the steps for processing the config.xml need to be
>> changed to include the default value.
>>

> I've removed the following two tests from the test suite until we get
> this resolved:
>
> # ic (download, files)
> Tests that the UA ignores an access element with an invalid subdomains
> value. To pass, the remote script must NOT load and PASS must remain
> displayed.
>
> # id (download, files)
> Tests that the UA ignores an access element with an invalid subdomains
> value. To pass, the remote script must NOT load and PASS must remain
> displayed.

Proposed fix:
[[
5. If the subdomins attribute is absent, then let sub domains be the
value false. Otherwise, or let sub domains be the result of applying the
rule for getting a single attribute value to the value of the subdomains
attribute.

6. If the value of sub domains is not a valid boolean value, then let
sub domains be the value false.
]]

I've put that into the editor's draft. I call to republish the spec with
the correction ASAP.

Kind regards,
Marcos