Re: safeguarding a live getData() against looping scripts? (was: Re: clipboard events)

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 06:03:48 +0900
To: "Daniel Cheng" <dcheng@chromium.org>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Tue, 17 May 2011 15:30:08 +0900, Daniel Cheng <dcheng@chromium.org>
wrote:

> I believe this problem is solvable without a spec change.

OK. I'd like to put in some non-normative warning or note about this
problem though.

> On Windows and Mac, implementations can use a native clipboard sequence
> number to determine the contents of the clipboard have changed.

Interesting. What, in your view, should the implementation do if it
discovers the contents has changed while a paste event thread is running?

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/