Re: Seeking status of Server-sent Events, Web Storage and Web Workers

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 12:16:37 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
OK, so coming back to the what's next for these 3 LC documents question
[Head]  ...

All of these specs have a Bugzilla component for issue and comment
tracking, all are included in the WHATWG issue tracker at [Issues], all
of the specs have changed since their LC was published and all of the
specs had at least one comment submitted against the LC via public-webapps.

With respect to "does a spec need to return to LC or can it advance to
Candidate?", Section 7.4.6 of W3C process says:

A technical report is returned to a Working Group for further work in
either of the following situations:

1. The Working Group makes substantive changes
to the technical report at any time after a Last Call announcement
<http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#last-call> and prior
to Publication as a Recommendation
*except* when the changes involve the removal of features at risk
identified in a Call for Implementations
<http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#cfi>. In the case of
substantive changes, the Working Group MUST republish the technical
report as a Working Draft.

Since Hixie is active on HTML, perhaps someone else is willing to pick
one of these LCs and to review the issues, bugs, diffs, etc. and propose
the next step . Any volunteers?

A few weeks ago, I reviewed the diffs, bugs and public-webapps comments
for Server-sent Events and will send that data separately.

-Art Barstow

[Issues] http://www.whatwg.org/issues/
[Bugzilla] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/query.cgi?format=advanced