Re: Seeking status of Server-sent Events, Web Storage and Web Workers

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:08:20 +0000 (UTC)
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Since Hixie is active on HTML, perhaps someone else is willing to pick
> one of these LCs and to review the issues, bugs, diffs, etc. and propose
> the next step . Any volunteers?

I am responding to feedback on these specs, just not on the schedule I
described earlier this year. (For instance, I just committed a change to
Web Storage.) My lack of urgency on getting things to CR stems primarily
from my disillusionment with the entire process; Web specs should just be
continuously maintained, having snapshots on the TR/ page seems to have
only one positive side-effect, and that's the effect on the patent policy.
Other than that it just provides a distraction that implementors and
authors can end up referencing instead of the more up-to-date and
continually maintained draft.

The drafts are actively maintained, and feedback is tracked and addressed.
It's just not done with the goal of reaching the TR/ page, but rather with
the goal of fostering interoperable implementations.