Re: [XHR2] ArrayBuffer integration

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:42:07 +0200
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Kenneth Russell" <kbr@google.com>
Cc: "Chris Marrin" <cmarrin@apple.com>, "Web Applications Working Group WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Vladimir Vukicevic" <vladimir@mozilla.com>
On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:55:33 +0200, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
> Mozilla's experimental name is "mozResponseArrayBuffer", so perhaps to
> avoid collisions the spec could call it responseArrayBuffer.

While I do not think there would be collision (at least not in ECMAScript,
which is what we are designing for) naming it responseArrayBuffer is fine
with me. And also now done that way in the draft. Still need to get a
saner reference to the ArrayBuffer specification than
https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/doc/spec/TypedArray-spec.html
though. :-)

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/

(You can also do send(ArrayBuffer) obviously. I personally think
supporting this for both BlobBuilder and send() makes sense. That way
Blob/File etc. work too.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/